The mum who doesn’t like chocolate is a rare breed indeed. So this Mother’s Day, work out what type of woman she is, then treat her to a corresponding gift that’s sure to send her completely cocoa loco…
THE HEART-OF-GOLD MUM: Nom Nom Chocolate Love bar
One of the wonderful Welsh wizards’ finest creations, this beaut bar cloaks an oak-smoked Halen Mon super-salted caramel in 44% milk chocolate. And the wrapper tells Mum you’ve got a whole lotta love for her – if you’re lucky, she might even share a square.
- Nom Nom Chocolate’s Love bar costs £5.20. To order, click here
THE GLAM MUM: Little Black Cat Gourmet Chocolate Jewellery Set
If she’s partial to a bit of bling, a sucker for sparkle, and a complete cocoa nut, there’s no better gift than this ornate set of Mughal-inspired, entirely edible jewellery. The hand-embellished, gold-boxed set comprises a necklace, earrings and arsi ring crafted from single-origin chocolate.
- Little Black Cat Gourmet’s Chocolate Jewellery Set costs £50. To order, click here
THE FLOWER-MAD MUM: Creighton’s Bunch of Roses bar
Scattered with multicoloured, edible petals, this little number looks every bit as good as it tastes. To earn yourself double the brownie points, nestle a bar of this creamy, delicately rose-infused white chocolate in the centre of a big bunch of real blooms.
- Creighton’s Bunch of Roses bar costs £3.75. To order, click here
THE SUGAR-BUSTER MUM: Cocoa Runners 100% Box
This smart box of chocs won’t derail her diet, for there’s not a jot of sugar present in any of the four artisan bars within. Crafted by a selection of Madagascar’s finest bean-to-bar makers, the only ingredients are cocoa solids and cocoa butter – an intense, fruity experience.
- Cocoa Runners’ 100% Box costs £19.95. To order, click here
THE MUM-ABOUT-TOWN: Taste Tripper London Chocolate Explorer Pack
Give the gift of quality ‘together time’ – this pack treats the two of you (or her and another of her choosing) to exclusive samples and special discounts across an octet of the capital’s best chocolate shops. With no time expiry, she can make the delicious discoveries at her own leisure.
- Taste Tripper’s London Chocolate Explorer Pack for Two costs £30. To order, click here
THE GLOBETROTTING MUM: Paul a. Young Mothers’ Day Collection
Treat her to a trip without leaving home with Paul’s latest creations. From the brilliantly British Rhubarb Caramel & Custard to the Indian-inspired Golden Milk with coconut milk, turmeric, peppercorns, ginger and cinnamon, there’s a world of flavours to savour.
- Paul a. Young’s chocolates cost from £7 for a four-piece box. For store details, click here
THE SOCIABLE MUM: Chocolate Ecstasy Tours
If a few hours spent tasting, talking, and walking sound right up your mum’s alley, she’ll adore a chocolate tour. Jennifer Earle and her expert guides are well-versed in London history – and in hosting brilliant, cocoa-centric explorations of various neighbourhoods.
- Chocolate Ecstasy Tours cost from £33. To book, click here
THE IMELDA MARCOS MUM: Demarquette Heels & Pumps
Has she often opined that one can never have enough shoes? I bet she doesn’t have a pair made of chocolate, let alone a trio. Marc Demarquette makes cracking caramel – this hand-painted three are filled with strawberry-, passionfruit- and vanilla-infused examples.
- Demarquette’s Heels & Pumps costs £13. To order, click here
- Check out more Mothers’ Day gift inspiration in Part 2 of this post…
- To read more about Cocoa Runners’ 100% Box, click here
- To read more about Taste Tripper, click here
- For a brilliant brownie recipe to make for Mum, click here