Still in search of chocolate-coated Mothers’ Day gift inspiration? Look no further – from the woman who’s all about wellness to the one who can’t resist a tipple or two, you’ll find something to suit on this little list…
THE HEALTH-CONSCIOUS MUM: Well + Happy Happiness Box
Well + Kind’s unroasted, gluten- and dairy-free, vegan-friendly chocs have substance to back up serious style. Sweetened with coconut sugar, this collection includes dark numbers in salted 90% and banana varieties, and mylk chocolates with rose and raspberries.
- Well & Kind’s Happiness Box costs £12.99. To order, click here
THE SWEET-TOOTHED MUM: B Is For Brownie The Banoffee Blonde
Gentleman prefer Blondes but so too, I suspect, do mums. And any serious sweet-tooth will go bananas for these dense, intense confections which combine single-origin Single origin Dominican Republic white chocolate with real banana and lashings of butterscotch.
- B Is For Brownie’s The Banoffee Blonde costs £24. To order, click here
THE DAIRY-FREE MUM: Chocolate Tree Coconut Milk bar
Totally tropical and absolutely delicious, this’ll transport Mum to paradise far faster than a Bounty bar. Made creamy and sweet with coconut milk and sugar, it’s got a fabulously fudgy melt. And, at 55% cocoa solids, it delivers a rich hit of chocolate flavour.
- Chocolate Tree’s Coconut Milk bar costs £4.95. To order, click here
THE BOOZY FLOOZY MUM: Hotel Chocolat Cocoa Gin
Gin already has the moniker ‘Mothers’ Ruin’, so assist her in a delectable downfall with this cacao shell-infused English example. Inspired by Hotel Chocolate’s Saint Lucian Rabot Estate, the cacao adds peppery notes, whilst crushed macadamias impart a creamy finish.
- Hotel Chocolat’s Cocoa Gin costs £25. To order, click here
THE CAKE-MAKER MUM: R Chocolate Black Forest Patisserie Class
Are Mum’s cakes worthy of GBBO (or would she like them to be)? If so, a three-hour hands-on masterclass which commences with a hot chocolate and concludes with her heading home with her very own masterpiece rendered in edible mediums is a surefire winner.
- R Chocolate’s Black Forest Patisserie Class costs £85. To book, click here
THE BISCUIT-MUNCHING MUM: Artisan du Chocolat Salted Caramel Biscuits
The fact that these are individually-wrapped might make her a little bit better when it comes to portion control – although their thick chocolate cloak, addictively crumbly texture and salt-spiked caramel flavour make them devilishly hard to resist.
- Artisan du Chocolat’s Salted Caramel Biscuits cost £4.95 a box. To order, click here
THE COUNTRY-LOVING MUM: Rococo Spring collection
Using regional, rural British bounty as inspiration, Rococo’s latest collection pays tribute to the UK; featuring flavours like Rhubarb & Liquorice and Rose of the Valleys, whose fondant filling is delicately infused with the only Welsh rosewater available.
- Rococo’s Spring Collection costs from £6.50 for a four-piece box. To order, click here
- For more Mothers’ Day gift inspiration, click here for Part 1 of this post
- To read a review of the ‘Rococo: Mastering the Art of Chocolate’ cookbook, click here
- To read more about B Is For Brownie, click here
- For a brilliant brownie recipe to make for Mum, click here