If you’re both a cocoa nut and an egg-head, prepare to get seriously egg-cited over these cracking chocolate offerings for Easter…
M&S Single Origin Cocoa Pod
- In an eggshell: A lustre-dusted cocoa pod crafted from Dominican 70% chocolate and a host of single origin tasting tiles.
- Buy it: £12.99 from Marks & Spencer
Paul a. Young Salted Caramel Hen’s Egg
- In an eggshell: A perennial Paul favourite brimming with that inimitable salted caramel perched atop a keepsake china eggcup.
- Buy it: £19.95 from Paul a. Young
Lick The Spoon’s ArtNouvO Dragonfly Easter egg
- In an eggshell: Hand-painted and made from Raisetrade Madagascan 75% chocolate, in a box which hides fine truffles in the base.
- Buy it: £85 from Lick The Spoon
Benjamin Chocolatier Scratch Egg
- In an eggshell: Smoky Cuban 70% chocolate is the medium for this nature-inspired ovoid – think tobacco, smoke, wood and leather.
- Buy it: £22.50 from Benjamin Chocolatier
Melt Chocolate Abstract Egg
- In an eggshell: A 35% milk chocolate canvas gets a hand-painted strained glass treatment. Inside hides six salted chocolate squares.
- Buy it: £120 from Melt, collection recommended
Sarah Barber’s Handcrafted Easter Egg
- In an eggshell: A strictly-limited, sculptural avant-garde number from a master pastry chef, filled with golden salted caramels.
- Buy it: direct from Hotel Cafe Royal
Gorvett & Stone Cinder toffee egg
- In an eggshell: A tasty treat in which local Oxfordshire honey goes into the cinder toffee which goes into the walls of the 70% Valrhona egg itself.
- Buy it: £22.95 from Gorvett & Stone
Demarquette Black Aurum Easter Egg
- In an eggshell: Triple gold award-winning 71.1% Demarquette CacaoLux chocolate meets pure 22.5 carat gold in this unique number.
- Buy it: £55 from Demarquette, factory pick-up only
The Chocolate Society Monochrome Egg
- In an eggshell: Dark and dashing in looks and taste, made with 62% Valrhona chocolate. Comes with addictive truffled hazelnuts.
- Buy it: £29.50 from The Chocolate Society
Little Black Cat Gourmet’s Baby Dragon Egg
- In an eggshell: A popping candy-laced raspberry milk chocolate dragon hatches from this 64% single origin dark and white chocolate egg.
- Buy it: £25 from Little Black Cat Gourmet
Harrods Artisan Hand-painted Easter Egg
- In an eggshell: A pretty speckled number with a slightly space age look, made with milk chocolate and filled with gianduja chocolates.
- Buy it: £39.95 from Harrods
Fortnum & Mason Chocolate Beehive Sculpture
- In an eggshell: A Valrhona chocolate ode to the store’s rooftop bees made by a mother and daughter, only two of these colossal confections exist.
- Buy it: £250 from Fortnum & Mason, collect in-store
Artisan du Chocolat Balloon Egg
- In an eggshell: It won’t get you airbourne, but the ganache mini egg-filled raspberry-and-Colombian dark choc egg might have you in heaven.
- Buy it: £24.99 from Artisan du Chocolat
Fifth Dimension Single Origin Chocolate Easter egg
- In an eggshell: Simple yet effective, this highly-polished, hand-painted creation showcases single origin chocolate from Colombia or Ghana.
- Buy it: £12.50 from Fifth Dimension Chocolates
La Maison du Chocolat Egg coquille
- In an eggshell: Don’t eat the shell – it’s a real hen’s egg. Inside, though, lies not yolk and white but an intense almond-hazelnut praline.
- Buy it: £12.99 from La Maison du Chocolat
Hotel Chocolat Rabot 1745 Extra-thick Easter egg
- In an eggshell: The two half-shells are as thick as two short planks – one Saint Lucian, one Madagascan – and hold a dozen decadent truffles.
- Buy it: £29 from Hotel Chocolat
Gorvett & Stone Fried quails’ eggs
- In an eggshell: If you don’t want to over-egg Easter these are ideal – cute and very poppable little puddles of Valrhona Ivory chocolate.
- Buy it: £6.95 from Gorvett & Stone
Harrods Peanut butter egg cups
- In an eggshell: Harrods has cracked Easter with these topless treats whose milk chocolate shells are filled with praline and peanut butter.
- Buy it: £15.95 from Harrods
LAKRIDS Black birdhouse
- In an eggshell: This house is home to a nest of arresting liquorice-laced treats, including milk choc & mint and salted dulce de leche.
- Buy it: £24.99 from Selfridges
Fortnum & Mason Jewellery Easter egg with letter charm
Zotter Gift basket
- In an eggshell: All the eggs in one basket – or at least an octet of them; filled with the likes of elderflower, walnut nougat or honey ganache.
- Buy it: £9.90 from Zotter
The Chocolatier Dark chocolate eggs with hazelnut nougatine
- In an eggshell: Crisp, crunchy and quite quite nutty – mouthfuls of caramel brittle-slash-hazelnut heaven enveloped in Valrhona dark chocolate.
- Buy it: £9.95 from The Chocolatier
JK Fine Chocolates Little luxurious caramel eggs
- In an eggshell: A triffic trio of caramels – salted in Madagascar milk choc; hazelnut in 66% Grenada; strawberry in Madagascar white.
- Buy it: £11.50 for 8, £16 for 20 from JK Fine Chocolates
Rococo Blossom egg
- In an eggshell: A pound of Rococo’s house blend 65% dark chocolate, hand-painted with cherry blossom and filled with a selection of top chocs.
- Buy it: £42.50 from Rococo, in-store only
Artisan du Chocolat Elf House
- In an eggshell: More ‘candy store’ than ‘elf house’, comprising Dominican plain, mole, and orchid & orange blossom choc and fruit & nut rochers.
- Buy it: £19.95 from Artisan du Chocolat, reserve online and pick up instore
- For Indian-inspired Easter eggs, click here
- To read more about JK Fine Chocolates, click here
- To read more about The Chocolatier, click here
- To read more about Fifth Dimension Chocolates, click here